Friday, September 18, 2009

All About Me

Sometimes I get bored writing about the girls all the time. I could tell you that Turtle now speaks in four word sentences (“I need mo shrimp”) and that Monkey seems to be in the beginning stages of getting her two-year molars (God help me), or that both girls are in the throes of Longhorn Gear Mania (“mas Tecas, mas Tecas!”). Turtle actually cried this morning because I didn’t have a “Tecas” hat for her to wear.

But enough about them. Following the Facebook model, I've decided to tell you 25 random things about me that you might not know. I think that quiz came out on Facebook, I’m not sure. I ignore all the quizzes and questions on Facebook. And that’s Random Thing #1 for you.

2. I don’t know how to use PowerPoint

3. I went to U.S. Army Basic Training in Fort Jackson, South Carolina two weeks after my 17th birthday.

4. I rode the Greyhound bus from Austin to New York City, alone, in the summer of 1995.

5. My favorite vacation spot is Huahine (Tahiti), French Polynesia.

6. When I went to London in 2003, I insisted on going to Kings Cross Station to see Platform 9¾.

7. I’ve read each of David Sedaris’s books at least 3 times.

8. I got kicked off the cheerleading squad in 9th grade because I got drunk one morning at school.

9. The first concert I ever went to was Adam Ant in 1985, at the Majestic Theater in San Antonio.

10. I wear size 10 shoes.

11. My first pet was a dog named Rags.

12. When I was 20, I owned (and proudly wore) several pairs of Daisy Dukes.

13. My first car was a red Chrysler LeBaron.

14. I marched in the Battle of Flowers parade in San Antonio (as part of my high school band’s Flag Line).

15. I worked on the case of a death row inmate, and met with him, weeks before he was executed.

16. I like fancy stationary.

17. I still have my high school letterman jacket.

18. I’ve met Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and James Baker

19. I can fit my entire fist in my mouth

20. When I was in high school, my dad flew a Confederate flag in our front yard.

21. I eat ice cream every single day.

22. I still have my Cabbage Patch Kid.

23. I love being alone.

24. I have Monkey’s umbilical cord saved in a Ziploc bag (would’ve saved Turtle’s if I’d seen it fall off).

25. I think Woody Harrelson and Jason Bateman are the hottest male actors around.

No comments: