Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break

After much hand-wringing, I've decided to take a break from posting to this blog for the month of April. I used to sit down and crank out a great little story (in my humble opinion) in about 20 minutes. Now it takes me almost an hour just to create something slightly interesting, and I don't look forward to it. I'm pretty sure it's because my house is no longer quiet - I used to be able to compose complete posts in my mind during the two naps a day, or as I took a long walk in the stroller, or as I sat around watching my babies learn to crawl. Now, someone is talking to me non-stop, there is only one short-ish nap, and going for a walk usually involves strenuous negotiations to keep Monkey in the stroller while I rush back home. In other words, my mind is never quiet enough to remember my friends' birthdays, much less assemble stories.

When I return in May my posts may be very short. I think if I didn't put pressure on myself to write a "story," I wouldn't be so resistant to sitting down in front of the computer. For example, I might post one thing I learned from my kids that day. Something like this:

Today I learned from Turtle that the reason I'm at home is so I can turn on Dora the Explorer for her. Daddy (who they both call "Boots" when they are in Dora mode) isn't at home because he has to go to work. And Mommy (who is "Swiper") is at home so "you can turn on Dora." I'm not sure why Twin Daddy gets to be Boots and I've been named Swiper - pretty telling, eh? Anyway, I guess once Turtle learns how to work the DVD player, I'll no longer be needed around here.

************

Until next month!

No comments: