Monday, May 11, 2009

Mrs. B gets an apron

I'm very pleased to report that Twin Daddy got me exactly what I requested for Mother's Day: a "Mrs. B" monogrammed, 50s inspired apron, along with a new set of kitchen towels. I asked (begged) for these things in March, promising that they were not symbols of oppression, but rather things I needed for my new cutesy housewife/mom role. In a surprising coincidence, my mother-in-law hand sewed me a retro (reversible!) apron for Mother's Day as well! I'm sure my cooking skills will soon catch up with my snazzy accessories. Until then, I'll be the best-dressed server of overcooked chicken on the block.

1 comment:

james said...

i really like your new "costumes". very cute. can't wait to have some overcooked chicken. now hopefully victoria will comment.