Sunday, July 12, 2009

Poems

Please excuse my long absence, dear reader. Twin Daddy had a ruptured appendix removed July 2 and since then I have had barely a moment to hold a thought in my head that wasn't related to the feeding or care of my three dependents. He is on the steady road to recovery, so I'm ready to get back to my favorite hobby.

I wrote these poems in June. They spilled out of my brain quickly and all at once, and while I thought this must mean they were without substance and specific to the facts of my day, I have found myself pondering the words and the various meanings they hold for me ever since. I humbly share them with you.

June 2009-1
I love
That my cell phone rarely rings
And that I don’t get much email
That I don’t know
What is going on in Iran
Or what 107 feels like
Because I stay inside
Sheltered
With my babies


June 2009-2
Sometimes I can run fast.
Sometimes I have to go slow,
and take deep breaths.
Either way
I reach the finish line.

No comments: